Many qualified grant applications were received this year which made the final decision of narrowing down the awards a challenge. Special thanks to all of our congregations who submitted applications with a true desire to reach out to the lost for Jesus.
A total of six $1,000 MNS District Lutheran Church Extension Fund (LCEF) Outreach Event Grants are announced for 2014. Congratulations to the following Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod congregations:
- Trinity Lutheran Church in Mountain Lake, Minn.
- Funds to assist with citizenship classes for area Laotian people.
- Trinity First Lutheran School in Minneapolis, Minn.
- Summer Bridge to Success education program
- Samaritan's Hill Lutheran Church in Rogers, Minn.
- Summer day camp for four weeks in a neighboring manufactured home park
- Evangelical Lutheran Church of Our Savior in Winnebago, Minn.
- Community workshops
- Rose of Sharon Lutheran Church in Cottage Grove, Minn.
- Family Fun Day
- Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church in Plymouth, Minn.
- Community garden
LCEF is a nonprofit ministry of the Church; therefore, fiscal year end operating results are put right back into mission and ministry. LCEF is blessed by strong investors and faithful borrowers. It’s a partnership that’s working, thus we have these grant funds available to our Minnesota South District - Lutheran Church Missouri Synod organizations. Learn how you can invest to support LCMS ministries at lcef.org.
Subscribe to our newsfeed and like our Facebook to be aware of these opportunities. LCEF Outreach Event Grants are available to Minnesota South District LCMS organizations. The application is posted annually on our website lcefuppermidwest.org each fall.