St. John Lutheran Church, Luverne, Minnesota Stewardship Board Chairman Steve Haper asked his stewardship board members why they chose to continue this fall with phase II of Consecrated Stewards from Lutheran Church Extension Fund (LCEF). Haper received some very relevant and revealing feedback including the following:
- The increased level of stewardship that has been demonstrated since we conducted Phase I in the fall of 2014 and the opportunity to build on this success.
- We are hoping Phase II will build on the need to offer our time and talents, and encourage more members to get involved with our various ministries.
- Phase I exceeded our expectations for Bible study attendance, offerings, member participation, and the amount of positive feedback we received from the congregation.
- The Consecrated Stewards Program was the first, formalized program our board has conducted in many years.
- This program was uplifting and rewarding as it engaged members on a personal level.
- Our board felt like we actually helped to make a difference.
Rev. Evan Schiller served as the certified guest leader at St. John’s for both phases. Consecrated Stewards is designed to energize your members in their on-going giving. It is not tied to the church budget but to the need of the giver to give.
- Ties the commitment process to the Sunday morning act of worship
- Does not have members asking other members one-on-one for a financial commitment
- Can be used any time during the year
Going beyond the New Consecration Sunday Stewardship Program, it provides:
- Solid Lutheran Bible study materials and sermon outlines
- Guidance for stewardship witness talks
- A process to celebrate congregation ministries
- Publicity and communication aids
- An optional workshop for leaders
- An LCEF trained and certified Guest Leader